To spice up today’s Ad of the Day, picked out a video and a print one. Both are stellar and will get a little chuckle out of you.
First up, LOVEFiLM’s ad on Harry Potter characters for their “Love in all shapes and sizes” campaign. Really like the lightning bolt under Harry’s name. And Hagrid’s scrawl. Other ones included in the campaign include character run downs of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. via I Believe in Advertising
My second ad find is from a Cincinnati designer Adam Ladd and his daughter. He sat her down and had her analyze famous brand logos. Her answers are spot on, totally off mark and pretty funny. Though her voice sounds suspiciously like Marcel the Shell… The song in the background quickly grabbed my attention, thought it was an Augustana song I’ve never heard of, it’s Phil Wickham’s “Eden.” via AdFreak
I don’t know what was my favorite moment of yesterday, so let’s just give a brief recap and then take it to the comments:
1) Augustana played for 2 hours. And they started it off with a cover of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” Heaven. And their new songs are pretty stellar. (Shameless plug) Album drops in October.
2) Free drinks and food. We literally ate a piece of Shake ‘N Bake Chicken off a cucumber that rested on crushed peanuts. And the specialty cocktail was “The Regal” and it was lemonade. All great, great things.
3) River East Art Center. The venue is totally cool, modern, chic and then boom, you walk outside and you sit along the river. I really hope one of my friends has a wedding reception there. Or Buick has another launch party that I’m invited to.
4) Meeting Augustana and then a birthday serenade. After I tell him how we used to sit in the dorms listening to “Boston” on repeat when we were in fights with our boyfriends, I then follow-up with “It’s my birthday!” They chose to focus on the latter part of the information I provided.
5) Text from Papa Wern at 11:59 pm: “Happy Birthday to my bonus daughter!” If I had the capability to cry, I probably would have.
6) Zac’s computer bag. He came straight from work and had to carry it around all night. The only other people at the party who had bags had book bags and were over the age of 50. I enjoyed pointing this out throughout the evening.
7) Birthday mural on the wall from the Roomie. She’s too fantastic for words.
In a nutshell, the last night of the 24th year couldn’t have been any better. And clearly 25 is about to become one stellar year. Per Kelly’s suggestion, I made my things to do in the 25th year. Think it will help shave off that quarter-life crisis.
Note: When I informed Zac that I now will have a quarter-life crisis he responded with, “Well, I bought an Audi to stay young.”
Where: River East Arts Center
What: Umm a launch party for Buick Regal, with free drinks and apps from some of the city’s finest as well as a set list from Augustana
Why: Launch party!
I. love. Thrillist. Because of Thrillist, I’m looking like a baller as I roll into this party tonight with Zac (like that Mols?). So basically it’s a huge launch/roll-out/Mixer on Acid kind of party (but sans like real acid). The River East Arts Center is a space I’ve been dying to go into so I’m pretty pumped. Should be interesting folks to say the least (Buick Regal drivers perhaps?). But nonetheless PUMPED for Augustana. I think Todd introduced them to me, he’s been trying to pay me back ever since I got him hooked on Something Corporate….
Wait dear, a white horse is walking down my street here